Friday, August 15, 2014
How to Change Processor Name Permanently without any third party software
Mikael Aleksanyan 8:20 PM Tricks
Create own Run command in Windows
1) Open notepad and paste text given bellow to notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0] "ProcessorNameString"="Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz"And now change Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz to whatever you want.
2) Now save the file as processor.reg ( keep .reg format for the file ).
3) Now open it and in pop out warn window press on the Yes button and after that on OK button.
4) You can check the result just by going to Properties of the computer. To keep this changes and after the restart, we need to do some things still.
Change the Logon Screen Background on Windows 7
5) Create a new shortcut on the desktop, enter regedit / S "Location of the .reg file". For example, enter regedit /S "C:\Program Files\Processor.reg" if registry file is located in C:\Program Files location.
6) Now copy created shortcut file, go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup location and past it here.
Now you can restart your machine and you will see the same results, it keeps the same name of the processor and after a restart.