Saturday, October 4, 2014
Change the Logon Screen Background on Windows 7
Mikael Aleksanyan 12:54 PM TricksEven if Microsoft announced new Windows 10, Windows 7 is best till now. And a huge number of people are using Windows 7. So you can customize it, give a fantastic look to your Windows 7. There are different ways, but in this post, we learn how to set a custom login screen background on Windows 7.
1) Type regedit into the search box in Start menu and from results find and open "Regedit".
2) In Regedit navigate to next key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background3) And now you can see a DWORD value named OEMBackground. If there's no value like that then right-click in the right pane, choose New submenu and create a new DWORD value with OEMBackground name.
4) So you need to double click on the OEMBackground and change the value from 0 to 1.
5) After your done previous step, go to C:\window/system32/oobe directory and create a new folder with info name. Open this new folder and create a new one, a folder with backgrounds name.
6) Rename your desired picture as backgroundDefault.jpg and move it to "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds" directory ( Note! Picture must be less than 245KB in size ).
Note! If you change the theme it will reset the value and the login screen background will change. So you need to repeat the same process again.